Last year I chose a word for the year as well.
For 2012, I have set many goals. Here is a sampling:
Goals to.... READ
Liberty of Obedience by Elisabeth Elliot
Prayer by E M Bounds -a large volume containing several of his writings. (begin)
Prayer by E M Bounds (finish)
A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent
The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
Goals to... Create
Marbleized clay heart pendants (I completed this little project last Saturday- I love the result.)
Tote bags with vintage fabrics
Hand crafted paper
Goals to... Get Active
- Snowshoe, X country ski or walk for at least 1/2 an hour every day during the cold months.
- Use my kayak at least once a week during the warm months (this certainly will not be hardship to implement as I love it so, but it is hard to find the place, people to go with, etc.)
- Walk, Hike, etc. for at least 1/2 an hour every day during warm months.
Goals to... Do
- Post at least 4 items a month in my etsy shop.
- Memorize scripture.
- Share Christ boldly in love and with joy!
These are just a few of the goals I have for 2012. Will I accomplish them all? I hope so. However, I know that if I don't reach a goal on a time table I have set, I can set a new goal and peck away at it until it is done.
Here are some resources I have found helpful in planning for this year:
- Productive Flourishing -- Charlie Gilkey has created and gives away freely some very helpful charts. I especially like his "Monthly Action Planner" "Annual Strategic Planner" and "The Blog Post Planner"
- Money Saving Mom has a Books I Plan to Read list that is exactly what I was looking for in planning for this year. I find her weekly "10 Goals for This Week" posts to be motivational. Here is an example: 10 Goals for This Week There are a LOT of resources on her blog, be sure to take some time and look around.
I would love to hear from others on what your goals are for 2012, how you decide on those goals and what you use for resources in planning them...
I've linked up with
Hmm...Can't get the text (box) to post.... I'll keep trying...
Click on the box to read more encouraging posts.