Saturday, January 14, 2012

I may have been too shy to tell you...

I have mentioned before that I love people. Although at times I can be horribly, painfully shy, I enjoy meeting new people and listening as others tell me about their lives.

Sadly, when chatting with others my pride often gets in the way. Many, many, MANY times, indeed MOST of the time, I remain silent on the single most important topic for any conversation.

I chat about the weather or a book I've read, when I could (and should) be telling them that Someone loved them so much that He willingly died for them. 



We

no longer need to live in nagging guilt about past wrongs,


no longer need to feel as though no one loves us and we are alone,


no longer need to live in the worthlessness of ourselves, the emptiness of this life.


We can call on the One, Jehovah, Who died for our sins and loves us so...


I am born again by Christ's sacrifice on the cross. 
(For me! -- the thought!! I am not deserving...)
He is the One deserving of all praise. 
My sins are forgiven and washed away ... 
 by His blood that was shed.... (!!!!) 


John 3: 
14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
 15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.


No condemnation in Christ! Freedom!!
What awesome LOVE - sending his only Son to die for us!
It is almost too much to comprehend isn't it?

What an awesome God!
Won't you cry out to Him today?




No comments:

Post a Comment