Wednesday, January 11, 2012

All Natural, Inexpensive, All-Purpose Cleaner Recipe


This is the all-purpose cleaner I use.  It is great for cleaning greasy stove-tops, counters, bathroom sinks and toilets. It cost only pennies to make, is healthy to breath in (no harmful chemicals) and it smells and works great!  
I found this recipe originally at The Family Homestead, and have been using it for several years now. I have modified it a little for my needs...

All-Purpose Cleaner 
  • 3T white vinegar
  • 2 t Borax
  • Hot water
  • a few drops of a mild dish detergent
  • 6-10 drops of essential oil - I prefer peppermint essential oil. It's smell is fresh and invigorating and it has the added benefit of being a disinfectant.

In a  spray bottle (you can thoroughly rinse out your old store-bought cleaner bottle and use that) put vinegar, borax and hot water.  Swish around until borax has dissolved.  Add the drops of dish detergent and fill the rest of the bottle with water.  Add the essential oil. 
Shake gently before each use.

Note: This is not a window cleaner. It can leave smudges. I'll post a recipe for a cleaner I use for windows in the near future. 

Happy, healthy, and frugal cleaning!!




No comments:

Post a Comment