Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Powdered Sunshine


Today's treasure presented itself unexpectedly and I didn't take any pictures. Fact is, I seldom take pictures at all. But I digress....
I received a call from a very good friend this afternoon. She asked, "What are you doing right now?" Me: "Sitting at my computer desk." She: "What are you doing for the next little while?" Me: "No plans, what are you thinking?" She: "Meet me and we'll go for a ride and run an errand together."
So... off I went and off we went! It was a short little visit, only an hour or so, but a time of true refreshment. It was so nice to have time alone with my friend amongst busy schedules.
Too often we don't take the time for a spur of the moment visit. Too often we feel we have to plan. How nice it was to "squeeze" in a little visit with a good friend.
What opportunity is presenting itself to you today? Maybe a visit with a friend, a phone call to pray for someone, a chance to help someone in need, a last minute invite for a meal, --- whatever it may be let's not miss a chance to bless or be blessed just because we didn't "plan" on it. Let's enjoy life, every day, every moment, as opportunities arise, seize them.

Because I love to look at pictures on other blogs, I feel the need to post a couple of photos. ~smile

Here is a photo I took of one of my sunflowers a few days ago. It is amazing to me that this huge plant came from just one little seed.

My husband took this picture of a bee enjoying one of our sunflowers:
Doesn't he look delightfully happy? Look at his little legs all covered in pollen. Can you imagine being covered with powdered sunshine like that. It looks so very cheerful to me. Now, can you imagine while this little bee was on his way to do his daily chores he happened to fly by this sunflower but because he was so very busy (bees are you know) he couldn't possibly stop here for a little snack. He had much, much, too much to do! So.... instead he flies on his way and misses all that golden goodness that God put right in his path for him to enjoy.
Let's make a point to not let the little treasures God has planned for us slip away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment