Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What is a girl to do?

Many causes interest me, burden me, impassion me, I guess you could say. 

I had been involved a bit more years ago- and I wonder and pray on how should I be involved now... should I be doing more? People are out there protesting, should I get involved in this? Would the Lord be leading me in that direction?

As I sat praying about this the other day, a truth became clear to me. (I did not hear an audible voice or anything earth-shattering like that, but rather the Holy Spirit brought to mind what I had learned from the Word and from past Bible teaching and preaching I have heard.) 


As I sat there, what God wanted me to do became clear. 


The number one priority on my time, the first priority of service for me is my husband.
"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed" Titus 2:3-5 
After that, I am to be actively involved in my local church, extended family members lives, and of course seek to be a help where ever needed in my sons and daughter-in law and future daughter-in-law's lives. Beyond that, He will show me in due time what He would have for me to do. 

That may not sound like much and it certainly does not sound especially thrilling. However, it does make my life very FULL - when I am doing what I should be.

A friend of mine shared recently how she knew God wanted her to get up in the morning, make her husband's lunch and send him off to work happy. (She does an excellent job and is a great example.) I have endeavored to do that for nearly 23 years now (our 23rd anniversary is in June '12), but when was the last time I included a little note in his lunch- I can't remember the last time. It is these "little things" that are to be my focus, along with the larger.

So...what should I DO?

"And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself." Luke 10:27

If that is my focus, all the rest will fall in line... 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. very encouraging. thank you for the reminder that husband/family is my first ministry.

    ReplyDelete