Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Why I like Facebook
I like Facebook - yeah, I do. I really do. ~smile
I don't spend hours on Facebook each day. I play none of the virtual reality games that so many love, I merely update my status, check others, and play a word game or two. There are days when I spend more time on there, I'm sure, but mostly I just spend about 15 minutes or so 3- 4 times a day if I'm at home. It's fun. It's positive (I do NOT read or participate in gossip, drama, or bashing of any kind.) I consider it a nice little addition to my life. Here is why:
The Top 8 Reasons Why I Like Facebook (I know you are all just dieing to know!)
1. I'm quiet person by nature and it gives me a "voice". I can share little tidbits of my life, what's on my mind, etc. and others HAVE to listen! No, not really - they can freely and easily ignore me, hide me, or even unfriend me if they like.... but all the same I enjoy sharing little tidbits, a sentence or 2 several times a day.
2. Lexulous - If you are not familiar with it, it is pretty much the same thing as Scrabble. I love it. I have 3 games going nearly all the time and usually get a chance to play a word about 3-5 times a day. I love words and I love that game.
3. Getting in touch with old friends and family members. It has been great to get in touch with some friends from school and once again have contact with some of my family I might not otherwise correspond with. I love to look at their family photos, hear how and what they are doing. And it gives me opportunities to remember to pray for them which I might not otherwise have.
4. Staying in close contact with good friends and close family members. This is quite possibly my favorite part. I am not one to spend time chatting on the phone - matter of fact I almost never call anyone other than my sons, unless it is for an appointment. I seldom even call my very closest friends (I know, bad me.) Facebook gives me daily contact with many of those I am close with. I feel I am able to be a closer part of their lives, whether they are right next door or far away.
5. I can share Christ. This is a biggie for me. I am sure there are a number of my friends on Facebook who just can't understand why I like to talk about Him so much... as well, I'm sure there are friends who wish I wouldn't talk about Him at all. The thing is a relationship with Christ is like a great love story. I am in awe of how loved I am by Him and I honestly feel if I am silent the rocks would cry out the story of His love! He is amazing, wonderful, precious, so very good-- how can I be silent?
6. Blog updates, newsletters, etc. Like a Bubbling Brook ,Our Simple Country Life, and Challies.com are just a few. So much good information! I have been so blessed, learned so much, and have been edified by so many.
7. It gives me an opportunity to share what I write on here - A World of Loveliness- with my friends.
8. And lastly but certainly not least...I can share a joke or cute story and at least imagine that someone somewhere is laughing at it. ~smile
Well, that's it. My top 8 reasons why I like Facebook. Now, I'm off to update my status and share this post. ~wink
at 10:08 AM