Friday, July 22, 2011

You've Got Mail

Mmmm.... a letter from the One I love most. I have to read it again and again.

 
Have you ever received a letter (or email) from someone you love or admire? You read it once through quickly, then again slowly, then again and again until it is nearly memorized. You never tire of reading those words written by the One you love.

It is like that with God's Word. His precious Word for us. 

Never dull,

never boring,

filled with love,

and always just what I need to hear.

There have been times in my life when I have neglected reading the Bible.  Always the Holy Spirit draws me back to it... after a few days I literally thirst for it, the need is so great. At times reading it has been painful, yet as I weep tears of sorrow, He turns them to joy.

Knowing my Lord loves me so... His Word is so dear.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

.

No comments:

Post a Comment