Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just can't go on alone...

Last night I posted a quote by Andrew Murray. "Absolute surrender to God is the one thing." 

I don't know about you but I am unable to do it. Just the thought of it discourages me.

The really incredible thing about surrendering to God is: "God does not ask you to give the perfect surrender in your strength or by the power of your will; God is willing to work it in you....Cast away every fear. Come with that feeble desire." (p. 11 Absolute Surrender)

You see, I can't do this all by myself. There is no way I can travel this journey alone and get to the destination I desire. God knows this. 

He knows if I was on my own:

         I would be tempted by little paths with patches of ferns along the way. They look so pretty, but if that isn't the way, I will get lost.

          I would sit down and take a break, stay too long and miss what He had planned for me up ahead.
 
          I would stumble, get all dirty and discouraged, hurt myself, and end my journey right there.

I am SO thankful God doesn't expect me to go on alone, I would make a mess of things. I've proven it. How amazing to think He will work in me His will!!


No comments:

Post a Comment