Thursday, March 17, 2011

So very, very thirsty

Psalm 63:1

 "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"

thirsts for...

longs for... 

action words, so full of meaning, just reading the passage you can feel

the yearning...

the passion

for 

Christ.


I began this post over two months ago. At the time I was going through a very dry time spiritually. A time when I was actually questioning exactly what I believe.  That is hard for me to admit. But the fact is, for the better part of 4 years, I spent much time calling out to my God; asking Him just where He was and asking Him to make Himself real to me once again ---AND asking Him to make me WANT to be close to Him again. I had never thought that I would doubt Him. He had proven Himself to me over and over again too many times to count, but one afternoon I had short conversation with someone I barely knew that set me on what would be a long (and often confusing) journey.

This verse, Psalm 63:1, had always been a favorite but over the past few years, it became real to me. 

I can tell you without any doubt, God IS real. I know Him. -- And here is the awesome part --- YOU can know Him, too. 

 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."  John 3:16- 18
"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." John 14:21

(edited 1-11-12)
 Are you seeking answers today? Those who seek Him will find Him because He doesn't keep Himself hidden. He is seeking us!  "He has come to seek and to save that which was lost." (We are definitely lost without Him- dead in our trespasses and sin.) What an awesome God He is that He sent His Son to die for us!

It is humbling (and a bit scary) to look to back over my old posts. Just remembering the anger I had toward God at the time scares me and makes me so very thankful for His faithfulness to me. God is constantly teaching me. I am so thankful that He calls me His child. To KNOW Him is to love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment