Monday, August 6, 2012

All I desire

"Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee."
Psalm 73:25 


I used to read this verse and wonder... is such a thing possible? Is it possible that ALL I would desire is God? Is it possible that I would desire NOTHING other than Him? Can I train my mind to focus 100% on Him, giving up all my earthly desires? Are others able to do this? And if so, will I one day be able to say the same?

A few weeks ago I was studying this passage again and I realized something for the first time. Finally, I understood! All this time I had been missing the point.

The point isn't that I won't ever desire anything other than God, what I needed to realize was


ALL,


yes, ALL


 that I ever could desire...

ALL that I think I need or want ... 

IS fulfilled 

in HIM



An awesome thought and a wonderful truth! 

I may indeed still struggle with my earthly desires. As much as I would love to be able to say that I will not struggle, I am afraid that I always will in one way or another...


BUT

everything 

I truly need is provided for in Him. 



    ~Love

    ~Peace

    ~Fulfillment

    ~Joy

    ~Security



      It's all there. 



      Isn't God good?

      No comments:

      Post a Comment