I thought I might give a little update on my goals that I posted a couple of months ago. You can read that post here: Exciting Changes Ahead
I am afraid that this post will not be terribly interesting to read, but in posting my goal updates, I find it keeps me accountable and, in at least one area (oops!), reminds me what goals I have set for myself. ~smile
The following are my goals and the progress, if any, that I have made.
1. Be ACTIVE at least 45 minutes everyday. ~~ I have been implementing this goal into my life faithfully when illness has not prevented me. I am happy to report that in the last 3 months or so, I have lost 15 pounds! I couldn't be more thrilled and I look forward to becoming more healthy in the future. ~smile
2. Learn to drive a standard. ~~ Haven't had the opportunity to do this yet...
3. Be confident using firearms. ~~ Haven't spent anymore time using these yet...
4. Get out on the water at least once a week, either in my kayak or in my canoe. ~~~Haven't been out on the water yet this year! Sure would like to -- soon!
5. Build up the soil in my garden.~~ I have worked hard in my little garden this spring and it appears to be doing very well.
6. Keep my furnace room organized. ~~ This is still a bugaboo for me. And I must confess that I had forgotten I had set a goal for myself to work on this!
7. One day out of every 10, visit shut-ins, people who aren't feeling well, etc. ~~ I need to be more faithful in this area!
8. Be bold about sharing Christ with others.~~ This is an ongoing process for me --of getting myself out of the way and sharing Him.
9. EVERY day, spend time talking to my Lord and drinking from the Water of His Word. ~~Wish I could say that I didn't still struggle in this area, but I do! However, I do use my time on my elliptical to pray. There is nothing like working out and praying. It brings out so much- I find the more tired, hot, etc. I get, the more open I am with my Lord- literally crying out to Him. It is a precious time.
10. I will be ON TIME or even early...~~ My best friend mentioned just the other day how I am not late to things anymore. :) Yup, I have been striving in this area...so that others will not be inconvenienced because of my tardiness.
WOW... I have a LOT more work to do--- here's to the future!!
And always remember: