Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Joys of Spring

Mmmm... Springtime. 

A time of new life...and firsts...

The first pussy willows in bloom,

  The first peepers calling out to their ladies, trying desperately to impress them,

The first robins on your lawn, looking so proud as they search out worms,

The first bloom of the crocuses,

I love the look of the leaves and sticks surrounding the flowers.  Copyright Penni Hill

Spring is filled with excitement.

Even the tiniest little plant pushing it's fresh, green stem up through the soil is a miracle.

What a joy to have spring! Somehow I do not think I would enjoy spring half so much if our Maine winters were not so long...
~~~~~~~~
And just because I love my hens so, I have to post a picture I just snapped of one of my lovely ladies. Can't you tell she is contemplating the weightier matters of life? ~smile
Photo copyright Penni Hill, April 13, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment