Monday, November 22, 2010

There is something I must say....

Know what? I love having a blog. I love the idea that I can share what I want, when I want. It is so gratifying for me to be able to write about what ever happens to interest me at the moment. It doesn't matter if anyone reads it or not, it is just the writing of it, getting my words "out there" that is important to me. I have had some writings of mine published before and that was a great experience too, money does come in handy at times. ~ (smile), but it is the WRITING of it that is NECESSARY for me.


Maybe it is because I am by nature a quiet person. I prefer to listen rather than talk.  People fascinate me. I love to watch and listen. But that is another topic for another time.--  

Maybe it is because I have learned the hard way, that I have a amazing ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. I have learned to be a good listener rather than always having my say. I remember once being interviewed at the Border's in Bangor by a local news crew about homeschooling - I twisted my words around so strangely they could only show about half the interview - what they had to delete was embarrassing when friends shared with me afterwards just what I had said!! Eek!! And no, I'm not sharing what I said. ~(Anyone out there remember that night??) On another occasion, I chose to gossip about someone (a horrid, horrid confession) and as life would have it, that person was sitting DIRECTLY in front of me. Mind you, I was sitting in bleachers. Yep. I was a COMPLETE moron. I didn't realize they were there, let me assure you. So I ended up hurting someone's feelings and making myself look like a cruel, uncaring person all in one shot. It was NOT a pretty picture. 

Hopefully with blogging, I have hurt no one - I certainly have no desire to and also, I hope I do not come off as being crude as well.

Maybe it is because I am not always willing or able to share my thoughts orally, that makes writing that much more important to me.

Whatever the reason, I enjoy my little blog and even if no one else ever reads this blog, (which in a sense means I am talking to myself right now - hah!) That's cool, too.

Now, I'll go off quietly and cook dinner,


God bless,
~Penni

No comments:

Post a Comment