Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful??? Me??

Thanksgiving is nearly here. I love the holiday. I think it is my favorite holiday. -- Of course, I think EVERY holiday is my favorite when they arrive. I love Christmas, New Year's (a fresh new start!!), Valentine's, etc.. You get the idea. I even love Arbor Day. A day about trees, what's not to love?? 

I digress.... (see, I love having a blog, I can ramble on and off topic if I like...)

Thanksgiving. THANKSGIVING!!!

Turkey, stuffing, SQUASH, mashed potatoes, gravy, WATERGATE SALAD, rolls, apple pie, pumpkin pie, it's all good. 

Family and friends together eating, laughing, sharing, playing Balderdash! Fun stuff.


Giving thanks. Thanks to God for all He has done. Praising Him for His goodness to me.


Giving thanks.... Wait.... Hmmm..... It is what the holiday is all about, but am I thankful? Really? For what God has given me?? Really? Or....do I have hidden resentments... God, why did this HAVE to happen... God, You are in control, Why did You allow this to happen?? Am I thankful? Really? For even the BAD stuff that has happened?? Hmmm. "Give thanks in ALL things." Well. I'm glad somethings are in the past, done, overwith. But I'm not thankful they happened......AND..... I don't think that is what He intends either. I think He wants me to be thankful that through out this life with it's joys and it's sorrows, I have Him. He is there. Loving ME. 


I am so very thankful for Him and His great love...


Happy Thanksgiving~
~Penni

2 comments:

  1. And Thankful for the strength, courage, peace, comfort, and hope we have through Him in the times of joys and sorrows! Happy Thanksgiving to you Penni and to the entire Hill family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Gina!! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete