Friday, October 14, 2011

Free-falling

 Today's "Five Minute Friday" word is catch.

"On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write. We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."  I did however correct one typo - it wouldn't have made sense otherwise. It is really hard for me to post something that I haven't edited at all- this post is like one big rambling thought.
When thinking of the word catch, this is what came to my mind...






Catch.

Free-falling. Sometimes in this life we feel alone don't we? We feel like we are free-falling. Falling down, down, down.... when will we stop? When will it end? It is a scary and alone feeling. No one else there, just you and all this empty space.

Who will catch me when I'm falling? Who is there? Is there a big hand that will reach out and grab me just before I hit the ground? Or am I to hit and smash into a thousand pieces?

We are given all these thoughts and emotions by God so we can fully live this life. Sometimes our feelings are raw and painful. It is how we are as people. Everything thought, every moment is not all daisys and lollipops. Sometimes we do indeed feel as though we are free-falling.

Thankfully when we have Christ, He IS there. We need not crash-- we can accept these emotions for what they are- just feelings. We are not alone. He is with us.

I am so thankful to be peacefully resting in His hands today......


To read other posts visit:  Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment