Saturday, January 15, 2011

EASY and delicious bread!! REALLY, it is super easy!

For the past couple of months I have been using the bread recipe from this post Gentle Living from the amazingly beautiful blog Aspiring Homemaker.

The recipe is easy -- read E-A-S-Y and delicious!! My son, Alex, told me recently it is the BEST bread I have ever made. Now... you must understand... not only is Alex famous for his great love of bread, but I have also baked a whole LOT of bread over the years. So I take this compliment seriously. 

When I first started using this recipe I would let it rise too long - I didn't follow the recipe. Bad me!  When I made some for Thanksgiving dinner it was so flat it resembled focaccia. Tasty but not quite what I had hoped for.

I have used different flours in the recipe, my favorite being quinoa (about 1-2 cups per 13 cup batch). I like to add a few tablespoons of organic Italian seasoning to the batch, too and a tablespoon or two of rosemary. However, I receive the most compliments when I use only white flour. I made some recently for a family get together and received the following comments:

"YOU made this. I can't believe it." 
 ~Why is that so surprising???  <~wink>

And...
"Wow! She made this, herself." 



Yeah, the recipe is that good!!

Funny thing is, it really is the easiest bread I have ever made. 
No kidding. 



BTW:  It makes an AWESOME pizza crust, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment