Monday, September 13, 2010

A Fresh New Morning

I love the early mornings. Everything feels so fresh and new as I watch darkness turn into light. (Don't get me wrong, when I have been up late it is HARD to get up early, but I am always thankful that I made the extra effort to get up!) There is something so exciting about watching a new day begin as the sun comes up. What will today hold? Blessing? Sadness? Somehow when I watch a sunrise I always feel as though good will be coming, in spite of what may be happening in my life at the moment.

The first time I ever remember watching the sunrise was when I was teenager on a camping trip with some friends. The excitement I felt as the new day began in such a beautiful way, I'll never forget. I was hooked! Sometimes months go by and I forget how great the early mornings are, choosing instead to sleep in. I am so thankful for this time in my life when I "have" to get up early and I can welcome in the new day into my life!

Won't you join me tomorrow? Rise up a wee bit earlier and greet the new day. I bet you'll feel a little bit more cheerful throughout the day for doing it.

Penni

No comments:

Post a Comment