Tuesday, September 20, 2011

He loves me!! I want to shout it from the mountain tops.

"The joy is in having the Beloved, not in loving what we have."

   Mmmm.... 
the Beloved...


 
"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering." Colossians 3:12 King James


The ESV words it this way:
"Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience."

Beloved....

Loved by God..

Think of that with me for a moment, will you? How incredible is it that I (and YOU) are God's beloved? The God who created all the universe... (everything that IS.. is because of Him)... 
and He loves me!





Why would He love me? Because I am so wonderful? No... matter of fact I could very well have penned the words of Romans 7:19 "For the good that I would, I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."  
He doesn't love me for what I've done -- thankfully. 

He loves me because...
He is the One who created me...
made me... 
Colossians 1:16b "All things were created by him, and for him." 
He created me... 
for Himself. (Awesome thought!)

And He sent His Son to die for me (and you!) 
"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation (payment) for our sins." 1 Jn 4:10

Such love!
"We love Him, because He first loved us." 1 John 1:19
He loves me... 
He loves me!! 
I want to shout it from the mountain tops.  




No comments:

Post a Comment