Friday, October 8, 2010

Warning: Cute picture ahead...

"It is a very blustery day... outside." ~Pooh bear, just after flying Piglet by a sweater string and ending up in Owl's home.

It most definitely is a blustery day today in Maine. I love the wind. I love the sound of it. I love to be out in the woods and hear it blow through the trees. At times it sounds like ocean waves, at other times, it sounds as though the trees speak to me telling me all their sad stories or are singing to me a happy little song. I also love the POWER of it. It reminds me that God is in control and I don't need to worry. To see the effects of something so powerful, the bending of the trees, and yet to not see WHAT it is, the actual wind itself, reminds me of God's might, and power. I am so glad He is in control.

When my boys were young, I read aloud Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne. It has been years since I have read it. I remember we laughed a lot. Today, with this wind, I am reminded of this book. I'm am going to sit down in a little while and begin it again. A well written book can be enjoyed by anyone of any age. So even though we may think of the story of a "bear of very little brain" as being a child's story, it is a treasure to read for adults as well. So, if you need me, I'll be off in the Hundred Acre Wood with Christopher Robin and his friends...
Alex and Pooh, 1989, I look at this picture and miss my little boy so much....

No comments:

Post a Comment